As an alternative to replacing a blown head gasket, Steel Seal can be used quickly, easily and permanently to repair a blown head gasket. With Steel Seal there is no need to take your vehicle to a mechanic for costly repairs. Steel Seal is an easy, do-it-yourself alternative to head gasket replacement backed with lifetime guarantee.
How to replace a blown head gasket:
(APPROX. 8 hours)
- For safety, start by disconnecting the negative battery terminal. The battery terminals are located at the top of the car battery.
- Next, remove the intake hose and the air box completely.
- Remove the air conditioner compressor. To do this, you’ll need to remove several bolts and place the compressor to the side to get to the gasket.
- Disconnect the water pump hose and then remove the alternator. In some cases, you can rest the alternator on the radiator hose without completely removing the harness.
- Drain the radiator completely and disconnect the radiator hoses. Remove all the lines that run to the air conditioner. The head gasket should now be visible.
- Pay close attention to the head bolt tightening sequence. Loosen the bolts on the head gasket accordingly and remove.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Clean the head and the block thoroughly before putting on the new gasket to prevent future blown gaskets. Your head may need machining if the fit is not perfectly flat.
- Replace the bolts, reattach the radiator hoses and the lines that run to the air conditioner. Refill the radiator. Reinsert the radiator hose and reconnect the water pump hose. Replace the air conditioner compressor, and reattach the intake hose and the air box. Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Drive as normal, until the next gasket blows.
Repair a blown head gasket using Steel Seal with 3 easy steps:
(APPROX. 1 hour)
- Make sure engine is cold and remove the radiator cap. Pour Steel Seal into the radiator. Tighten the radiator cap back on.
- Turn heater and fan to maximum and start the engine. Let your car idle for 60 minutes. Turn off vehicle and let it cool completely. Fill the radiator with antifreeze and water, then replace the radiator cap.
- Leave the Steel Seal in your system and drive the vehicle. Steel Seal is guaranteed for the life of our vehicle. If you have any Gasket Issues after using Steel Seal, you will be refunded your money or given a replacement bottle.