The Northstar condition
The Northstar’s rarely exhibit typical blown head gasket symptoms. Initial overheating issues can usually be traced to component failure and repaired. This corrects the problem for a while and the first indication of some residual problem begins with a low coolant warning. The car runs great so you add coolant and don’t think too much about it. You check for leaks under the car and everything looks good. Your mechanic checks the cooling system and also finds nothing wrong. The coolant seems to have just disappeared. As the distance between low coolant warnings gets shorter and shorter you begin to have episodes of overheating. There is little time from between the low coolant warning before the temp gauge starts to rapidly climb. Usually this sudden rise in temp is followed by a rapid fall in temp (back to normal). This is again followed by a rise in temp, but this time it doesn’t come down.
When a car overheats it is only logical to conclude that some component in the cooling system has failed. Although there is no indication of what is causing the problem, mechanics frequently suggest replacing the water pump. When the engine still looses coolant and overheats the frustration mounts. Next you replace the thermostat, but no luck. Finally, you install a new radiator but the coolant loss still persist.
With nothing left to replace your told that you must have a blown head gasket and replace the engine.
Your search for options quickly becomes a financial nightmare… Since repair cost can easily exceed the blue book value of the car
Typical sequence of events
The Northstar engine rarely exhibits typical blown head gasket symptoms. Initial overheating issues can usually be traced to component failure and repaired. The first indication that some residual problem still exists begins with a low coolant light
- Car overheats.
- Cooling system is repaired.
- Low coolant warning appears.Mechanic Find nothing wrong.
- Low coolant light re-appears.
- Engine does not overheat as long as the coolant level is maintained.
- The engine still runs good and has plenty of power.
- The Distance you can drive starts getting shorter and shorter.
- Replacing other components in the cooling system has no effect.
Install Steel Seal’s Cooling system modification kit. This will eliminate air pocket formation. Air pockets that develop while the engine is under high demand (freeway speeds) cause the thermostat to malfunction and close. Coolant flow through the radiator stops causing the engine to overheat . The head gasket can not be repaired as long as overheating conditions exist.
Add part A and B of the Steel Seal Treatment to the surge tank.
Drive immediately (60 mph, 3rd gear, for 5 miles)
- Sets at high RPM’s under load.
- Reinforced graphite composite
- Two part sealant catalyzed at 2500 rpm’s
- Forms high strength flat surface bond insuring tight seal around stretched head bolts
- New thin layer technology developed to seal high volume exhaust leaks. This allows the repair to take place while the engine is under high demand.
- Reinforced with high temperature aluminum silicate fiber
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 3700 F
- Maximum repair density achieved by driving 60 mph, in third gear, for 5 miles
Repair in Three Easy Steps
Steel Seal’s New Northstar Repair Kit will restore proper coolant flow and repair your head gasket in one hour. No need for a mechanic.
- Flush cooling system
- Install cooling system modification kit
- Add Steel Seal and drive the car immediately
1993 Cadillac Allante
1993-1994 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
1995-2002 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
1993 Cadillac Seville STS
1994-2004 Cadillac Seville STS
1996-2004 Cadillac DeVille Concours/DTS
2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS
2006-present Cadillac DTS Performance
2008-present Buick Lucerne Super
1994 Cadillac Eldorado
1995-2001 Cadillac Eldorado
2002 Cadillac Eldorado
1994 Cadillac Seville SLS
1995-2001 Cadillac Seville SLS
2002-2004 Cadillac Seville SLS
1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours
1995 Cadillac DeVille Concours
1996-2001 Cadillac DeVille
2002-2005 Cadillac DeVille
2006-present Cadillac DTS
2004-2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
2006-2007 Buick Lucerne CXS
2004-2009 Cadillac SRX
2004-2009 Cadillac XLR
2005-2010 Cadillac STS
2006-2009 Cadillac STS-V
2006-2009 Cadillac XLR-V
1995-2003 Oldsmobile Aurora
1999-2005 Shelby Series 1
1999-2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2001-2002 Oldsmobile Aurora
Steel Seal has been providing a low cost alternative to the high cost of head gasket replacement since 1998
1) To provide customers the most cost effective repair
2) Northstar Division is an example of this commitment
3) Customer satisfaction is Steel Seals primary concern
Place My Order